Last Update: [September 20th, 2016]
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about the types of Personal Information that Fanatik Baits (“Fanatik,” “we,” or “us”) collects, uses and discloses in connection with the web site at Fanatikbaits.com (the “Site”). It explains how we use and disclose that information, the choices you have regarding such use and disclosure, and how you may correct that information. By accessing the Site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
We are proud to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, by complying with the laws and regulations under, and principles of, applicable privacy laws in Canada.
The following topics will be covered in this Privacy Statement:
- To which organizations does this Privacy Statement apply?
- What is Personal Information?
- How do we collect your Personal Information?
- How do we use your Personal Information?
- To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
- When and how do we obtain your consent?
- How do we ensure the privacy of your Personal Information when dealing with our affiliates and other third parties?
- How long will we utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information?
- How can you review your Personal Information that we have collected, utilized or disclosed?
- How do you know that the Personal Information we have on you is accurate?
- What if the Personal Information we have on you is inaccurate?
- How fast will we respond to your written requests?
- How do we know that it is really you requesting your Personal Information?
- What safeguards have we implemented to protect your Personal Information?
1. To which organizations does this Privacy Statement apply?
2. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any information that is identifiable with you. This information may include but is not limited to your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, credit card information, and business facsimile number. Personal Information, however, does not include your name, business title or business address and business telephone number in your capacity as an employee of an organization.
3. How do we collect your Personal Information?
We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means; for example, it will be collected when you use our Site, telephone or e-mail us, or participate in our programs or events.
4. How do we use your Personal Information?
We identify the purposes for which we use your Personal Information at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use. We generally use your Personal Information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
(a) registering you for a user account for the Site (“user account”);
(b) maintaining your user account;
(c) providing or performing any services requested by you;
(d) providing you with information about products, services or promotions that may be of interest to you if you have specifically requested this information;
(e) to process your payments for merchandise;
(f) to gather your opinion and feedback;
(g) in aggregated, non-identifiable form, to better understand how our users use the resources provided on the Site;
(h) improving the Site or our services;
(i) personalizing any interactive tools to better facilitate your use of the Site;
(j) for such other uses of Personal Information for which you provide your consent; and
(k) as otherwise permitted or required by law.
5. To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
We identify to whom, and for what purposes, we disclose your Personal Information, at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent to such disclosure. For example, we may disclose/transfer your Personal Information:
(a) to third party service providers with whom we have a contractual agreements that includes appropriate privacy standards, where such third parties are assisting us with the Purposes: for example, service providers may provide telephone support, or data storage;
(b) to Fanatik (as defined in our terms) to which you apply to using the Site or our services;
(c) to such persons for which you provide your consent; and
(d) as otherwise permitted or required by law.
6. When and how do we obtain your consent?
We obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose. You may provide your consent to us either orally, electronically or in writing.
7. How do we ensure the privacy of your Personal Information when dealing with our affiliates and other third parties?
8. How long will we utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information?
We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by law. We have established minimum and maximum retention periods and procedures for maintaining and destroying your Personal Information.
9. How can you review your Personal Information that we have collected, utilized or disclosed?
If you make a written request to review any Personal Information about you that we have collected, utilized or disclosed, we will provide you with any such Personal Information to the extent required by law. We will make such Personal Information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, and will explain any abbreviations or codes.
10. How do you know that the Personal Information we have on you is accurate?
We will ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. We will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information, when required.
11. What if the Personal Information we have on you is inaccurate?
At any time, you can challenge the accuracy or completeness of your Personal Information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your Personal Information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the Personal Information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information.
12. How fast will we respond to your written requests?
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than thirty (30) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit. You have the right to make a complaint to the federal Privacy Commissioner in respect of this time limit.
13. How do we know that it is really you requesting your Personal Information?
We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
14. What safeguards have we implemented to protect your Personal Information?
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, including:
(a) that the only employees who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information;
(b) premises security;
(c) deployment of technological safeguards such as security software and fire walls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access; and
(d) internal password and security policies.